We took a small boat to the little island in the bay called Santa Clara and climbed to the top, of course! A 360 view of San Sebastian and the ocean... gorgeous!On our way to the beach I passed a local artist doing oil paintings on glass of San Sebastian and bought two for a heck of deal... then we got sandwiches and headed for the beach! The water was crystal clear and SO warm. I was very surprised! After a few hours of baking and reading and playing the water, we decided to trek up the other mountain (Monte Igeldo) that surrounds San Sebastian. We luckily took a funicular (cable car) up to the top for an even more spectacular view of the beach, Santa Clara and the city. A couple was getting their wedding portraits made. Adorable.
More ice cream ensued and we walked back to town for dinner and more shopping. We found another fantastic place for dinner where I had chicken, salad, croquettes and fries. Its funny how even the fanciest restaurants serve fries with your meals. It's like a delicacy. We are trying to avoid that in America. LOL.My friend, Travis, was on a surfing excursion that day in San Sebastian and we tried to meet up with him for drinks but with only a pay phone.... things got complicated! It's funny to think how people survived without cell phones. It's been an experience, and I will be thankful to have immediate access to calling people whenever I want back in the states.
Off to bed we were because it would be another travel day... this time to Madrid. We packed up all of our treasures and got ready for bed. By then I was wishing I used a little more sunscreen :)
No comments:
Post a Comment