Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm in LOVE with Paris

So two days in Paris and I saw everything on my list and more! I know I could spend two more WEEKS here but really this was a perfect little trip... We've been staying at this beautiful little hostel on the river and have been living up the metro system. We've seen the Louvre, Eiffel Tower (and climbed it), Arc de Triomphe (and climbed it), Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre Coeur Cathedral (and climbed to get to the top), Montemarte (where the Parisian artists paint), and Moulin Rouge... What more could you want?

I bought several paintings directly from the artists and one I actually got to watch as he painted it for me! BEAUTIFUL. We shopped the streets of Paris and found all kinds of goodies... We ate crepes and specialty desserts. Living it up! We also went into probably the fanciest mall we've ever seen with, no lie... intricate gold ceilings. With names like Louie Vuitton, Dolci and Gabbana, etc, we knew that we were out of our price range. $800 jeans are a bit excessive. I did find a cute full length dress (for only 30 euro) that I hope to wear out to dinner tomorrow night!

The only thing we would have changed was the weather... The first night was a little rainy, but the clouds parted for our pictures with the Eiffel Tower, but today was brutally cold and rainy! Sunny weather forecasted for all of Spain, so we are EXCITED!

Now we have to pack up again and head to Barcelona tomorrow morning for a long travel day. Kati and I both managed to find English books in the "international" section of the book store. LOL. Our gorgeous beaches await... Looks like we will be getting into Barcelona at like 8pm local time and we will meet up with my friend, Travis, who is doing a study abroad program. Just enough time to grab dinner and then our full day of Barcelona will be a bike tour and the beach! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment